According to EN 14885:2022 all the laboratory methods to be used for testing the biocidal activity, in order to claims that the product classified as Chemical disinfectant and antiseptics have specific properties appropriate to their intended application.
All standards listed in this umbrella standard (EN 14885:2022) may also be used for active substances and products under development.
Umbrella standard means which the purpose is the relationship of the various standards in a specific sector, and in this case the relationship to each other and to the claims and recommendations for use.
The standard listed in umbrella standard EN 14885:2022 are applicable to products for which activity claimed against the following microorganism:
- Vegetative bacteria (including Mycobacteria and Legionella).
- Bacteria spores
- Fungal spores.
- Viruses (including bacteriophages).
Any Chemical disinfectant and antiseptics manufacture can check the standard in order to find the application standard according to their product claimed and begin search the competence and accredited laboratory to develop the method needs.
Accreditation ISO/IEC 17025:2017
Any Chemical disinfectant and antiseptics manufacture need to develop the biocidal activity method with accredited laboratory and this, need to have method follow in their accreditation scope.
The aim of accreditation is to promote confidence in the results provided by the laboratory demonstrating its competence in generating valid results. How? Participating in our proficiency testing program.
Accredited laboratories needs participate in proficiency testing program at least one time per standard listed in their accreditation scope.
In SHAPYPRO are specialist in proficiency testing program according to biocidal efficacy testing and we develop all testing listed in EN 14885:2022.
Chemical disinfectant or antiseptic procedures in our proficiency testing programs
- Hygienic handrub
- Hygienic handwash
- Instrumental disinfection
- Surface disinfection
- Surgical disinfection
- Surgical handwash
- Textile disinfection
- Fungicidal activity
- Virucidal activity levels
- Virucidal activity against enveloped viruses yeasticidal activity
Check a following table where you find all of standard include in our proficiency testing programs
Our Proficiency Testing Programs
Interlaboratory comparisons are widely used for a number of purposes and their use is increasing internationally:
- to evaluate the performance of laboratories in carrying out specific tests or measurements and to monitor the ongoing performance of laboratories.
- identify problems in laboratories and initiate actions for improvement.
- establish the effectiveness and comparability of test or measurement methods.
- provide additional confidence to customers of the laboratories.
- identify differences between laboratories.
- instruct analysts participating laboratories because of the results of these comparisons.
- validate reported uncertainty estimates.
- evaluating the performance characteristics of a method – often described as collaborative trials.
- assigning values to reference materials and assessing their suitability for use in specific test or measurement procedures.
- support statements of equivalence of measurements by international bodies “key comparisons” or “ring trials”.
Proficiency testing involves the use of interlaboratory comparisons for the determination of laboratory performance as described in points a) through g). Proficiency tests do not normally address purposes h), i) and j), because these applications assume that laboratories are competent. However, these applications may be used to provide independent demonstrations of the competence of laboratories. The requirements of International Standard ISO/IEC 17043:2010 can be applied to many of the operational and technical planning activities for purposes h), i) and j).
If you need more details, please contact us;
☎️ + 34 633 596 678