Quality control of test laboratories is an important constituent of the evaluation and accreditation of disinfectant procedures conducted by ISO/IEC 17025 requirements.
Proficiency tests for external quality control of quantitative microbiological examination procedures, such as disinfectant testing, represent a new challenge. In addition to the usual laboratory-specific influences, the quality of the culture media, preparation of the test carrier, strain-specific factors, etc. can have a decisive impact on the results. Laboratories have the opportunity to make comparisons with others and to identify problems in their laboratories thanks to ring trials coordinate by SHAPYPRO
The registration period is open to Proficiency testing EN 1499 Hygienic Handwash
First proficiency testing program according to EN 1499 Hygienic Handwash – Test method and requirements (phase 2/step 2)
The samples have been sent to the laboratories that have placed their trust in us and we thank them for this.
Less than two month is left until the start of ring trial, with which the laboratories will achieve:
- Performance CONTROL monitoring ✅
- COMPLY accreditation requirements according to ISO/IEC 17025, which stablish the requirement of regular participation in proficiency testing programs to ensure the technical competence according your accreditation scope. 🤝
- IDENTIFY problems your laboratory and help to initiate correction actions. 🔬
- ESTABLISH the efficacy of the assay method 👍
- ADICIONAL CONFIDENCE for your customers through our participation certificate ✔👨🔬👩🔬
- VALIDATE the declared uncertainty estimates 👨💻
The organization of proficiency tests in the field of disinfectant testing aims to assess the performances of the participating laboratories. Based on current information, it is not possible to define strict “pass” or “fail” criteria in advance. The assessment is a robust statistical method ISO 13528. The participants’ results are used to determine the required range. The aim is to assess the laboratory performance by applying z-scores method, being:
- z-score ≤ 2,0 indicates, satisfactory performance and generates no signal.
- 2,0 < z-score < 3,0 indicates, questionable performance and generates a warning signal.
- z-score ≥ 3,0 indicates, unsatisfactory performance and generates an action signal.
Interlaboratory comparison enables the identification of potential interlaboratory differences and has the aim to improve and support consistent methodical procedures.
Contact with us
☎ + 34 633 596 678
thanks to illustrator @Storyset.com