The main changes with regard to previous edition are follow:
- HARMONIZATION WITH ISO/IEC 17025:2017: including technical requirements and structure;
- HARMONIZATION WITH ISO 13528:2022: in terms of terminology;
- INCORPORATION OF REQUIREMENTS FROM ISO/CASCO PROC 33;
- INCLUSION OF THE REQUIREMENT THAT TESTING AND CALIBRATION ACTIVITIES;
- INCLUSION OF THE REQUIREMENT THAT PROFICIENCY TESTING ITEM PRODUCTION CONFORM;
Essential tool for demonstrating technical competence
Proficiency testing is widely recognized as an essential tool for demonstrating the technical competence. PT can provide evidence of competence and it can be an indicator of underlying or emerging problem.
There are many different purposes for interlaboratory comparison, which can be addressed by PT schemes, including but not limited to:
- Evaluation of the performance of laboratories for specific measurements, tests, examinations, inspections or sampling;
- Identification of problems in laboratories that, for example, can be related to measurement or test methods, effectiveness or training and supervision of personnel;
- Establishment of the effectiveness of measurement or test methods and the comparability of measurement or test results;
- Provision of additional confidence to users of measurement of test results,
- Identification of differences in measurement or test results;
- Education of participating laboratories based on the outcomes of such comparisons;
- Validation of measurement uncertainty claims;
This type of programs also requires PT providers to plan and implement actions to address risks and opportunities, based on their experience. From SHAPYPRO management organize proficiency testing program according to these requirements and offer to our customer the possibility to analysis their improvement opportunities after participation.
Confidence the laboratory performance
The need for ongoing confidence in laboratory performance is essential not only for laboratories and their customers but also for others interested parties, such as regulators, accreditation bodies and other organizations that specify requirements for laboratories. Most of the requirements follow by SHAPYPRO organization apply to those involving areas, especially regarding management, planning and design, personnel, assuring validity of results and performance evaluations, confidentiality, and other aspects, as appropriate.
Other standards references
- ISO/IEC 1700, conformity assessment – Vocabulary and general principles
- ISO/IEC 17025, General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories
- ISO 17034, General requirements for the competence of reference material producers
- ISO/IEC Guide 99, International vocabulary of metrology – basic and general concepts and associated terms [VIM]
Our ongoing proficiency testing
- Chemical disinfectants and antiseptics – Hygienic handwash – Test method and requirements (phase 2/step 2) EN1499:2013.
- Quantitative suspension test for the evaluation of bactericidal and yeasticidal activity of chemical disinfectants and antiseptics used in food, industrial, domestic, and institutional areas according to EN1276:2016 and EN1650:2019
- Quantitative suspension test for the evaluation of bactericidal and fungicidal activity of chemical disinfectants and antiseptics used medical areas according to EN13727:2012+A:2015 and EN13624:2021